I have heard stories, and now it is a reality for us. Kaya has been asking for short hair for some time now, but I LOVE her long hair, I love to do fun stuff to it. I figured I would have to give in at some point, but on Tuesday she took matters into her own hands and cut it herself. We had the kid scissors out cuz we were cutting paper the day before, and she snuck them out of the room I was in (granted I was on the phone) went into the living room, cut both sides and came back in like nothing had happened. I obviously noticed right away and may have freaked out a bit. I asked her what happened and where the hair she cut went. She then took me to the living room to show me the heater vent, yes she was clever enough to put the hair down the vent in hopes that I wouldn't notice. I called my sister in a panic (so much so she thought I lost the baby) I may have over reacted just a bit. She was the hero and came over the next day to fix it. Kaya now has short, but cute hair... I think she looks about five years older. I am just sorry we couldn't donate it to locks of love, most of it is still in the heater!
Hear is the damage...
Cute picture the morning of, look at all the long hair

One side gone


The other side gone


And the back

After Aunt Ton Ton fixed it (as you can see, she is quite excited about her new short hair!)

3 comments:
Get that girl some hair scissors! She is ready for Beauty School!!
it looks darling on her.
Oh she looks so cute! It could have been a LOT worse! At least she KNEW what she wanted and didn't just CUT, to CUT so to speak. I had a girl in my preschool one year that seriously cut her hair like 5 times during the time I knew her and it was always big chunks out of the front or in places that could not be fixed! I would have thrown out ALL my scissors if this would have been my child! The last time she did it, even I was furious! Anyway-her hair is still pretty long and very cute:)
Post a Comment